Weber 5e3 Layout Issue - 500 pf Bright Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber 5e3 Layout Issue - 500 pf Bright Cap

This problem was noticed by someone else. I thought I would post it again in case other newbies don't notice it up front.

The weber 5e3 layout was inconsistent with the chassis labeling (on the chassis I received). The layout shows the 500pf cap hooked to the normal vol pot (as labeled on the chassis). And once it is mounted in the chassis, that is how it works the tone control is hooked to normal vol pot. Consequently the tone control controls the brightness on the normal inputs. It is a minor issue and an easy fix. But it was confusing... I was wondering why I was not getting much treble using the bright input jack. I did some checking and figured it out. I also cross-checked against the fender original and reissue layouts... they were different than Webers.

Here is the other post for reference.
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t13813/

I notified Weber, they are going to review it.
    I am learning. My posts should not be considered as expert advice or suggestions for you to implement... on the contrary, I am looking for expert advice!

Hmmmm, I have a Weber layout doc I downloaded a few years ago, it has the 500pf cap running off the 2nd Volume pot the same as the other layouts you posted links to.

So does the 5E3X2 layout.

They must have reworked it at some point.

Comment

Working...
    X