Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Stopper

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t19221/

I take up where I left.....I put a 100k resistor on pin 2 and pin 7 of the V2 and this has solved the problem!! I also tried with a resistance of 470 k but I have not noticed significant differences.
    Now I have another small problem: the amp saund great but the volume pot works in really strange mode.turning from 0 to 4 volume grows in a "normal".4 to 8 hardly feels almost no difference in volume.after 8 to Max begins to rise, but volume growth is not "linear." increases, but not much up to the maximum.
    thanks for the valuable help.

What you describe now is pretty normal for an "unblocked" 5E3. Play with the other channel volume & tone (or volume only if you're plugged in the bright channel), you'll find many interesting combinations.

Begin for instance by using the bright channel, with normal on 3 or slightly below it, then use the bright volume and tone controls to your liking.

BTW, you should use a 12AY7/6072 - not a 12AX7 or 12AT7 - for V1. Relatively low gain here brings IMO the best tone.

Comment

Or jumper the two channels and hear it really sing at full tit
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X