Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that capacitor value!

Hi guys,

Getting mucho closer on this, thanks to you'uns. One more question if you would be so inclined.

If you look at the 5E3 Fender "Deluxe" Layout diagram, from the 12AX7, pin 1 goes to a 100k resistor and a 600V capacitor. I can't read the capacitor value, does anyone know if this is .08MFD, or .02MFD, or none of the above? I have a nice 600V paper in oil .01MFD cap, is this "close enough"?

Looks like a coupling capacitor between the two stages of the 12ax7?

If it is a .02MFD, and I use a .01MFD, I assume it'll still work just fine and I'll just lose perhaps a little bass response?

I'm using .047MFD instead of .1MFD for the rest of the coupling capacitors.

Thanks, all for any advice!

Originally posted by cooper View Post
    Hi guys,

Getting mucho closer on this, thanks to you'uns. One more question if you would be so inclined.

If you look at the 5E3 Fender "Deluxe" Layout diagram, from the 12AX7, pin 1 goes to a 100k resistor and a 600V capacitor. I can't read the capacitor value, does anyone know if this is .08MFD, or .02MFD, or none of the above? I have a nice 600V paper in oil .01MFD cap, is this "close enough"?

Looks like a coupling capacitor between the two stages of the 12ax7?

If it is a .02MFD, and I use a .01MFD, I assume it'll still work just fine and I'll just lose perhaps a little bass response?

I'm using .047MFD instead of .1MFD for the rest of the coupling capacitors.

Thanks, all for any advice!
    Cooper,

That cap is 0.022uF. It is what you say between the two stages of the 12AX7. Using a 0.01 is less than half the value - that might cause a more substantial loss of bass than you expect, but it doesn't hurt to try. Make sure it's a high voltage cap, 600-1000V.

n5oet3h

Comment

Working...
    X