Fave 5E3 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fave 5E3 settings

I searched but couldn't find a thread like this....

Can you all please post your fave settings for your 5E3s???
    Jumpering, A/B, just plug & play...

If this has been addressed somewhere, please point me there as a Google search didn't produce much....

As Jim Nickelson of Lil Dawg Amps says "It's hard to get a bad sound out of that circuit!"

Thanks!

mark

I usually just semi-randomly twist knobs until it sounds good to me. That's the beauty of a simple amp.

Everything about noon, and jumpered is a nice, straightforward sound. Dig in for a nice crunch, back off to stay clean.

Another one I like is to back the tone way off to about 3, and use the normal channel with the volume about 2 or 3. Nice, mellow, jazzy sort of tone.

Tone up full, and volume on 10 is a great lead tone. The rectifier seems to get overwhelmed with the volume past that, and the sound gets compressed. That's a separate sound, which is cool in its own right, but I don't use it that often.

Comment

With a tele on the bridge p/u vol max, tone rolled back just a little... I like plug into the #1 bright input normal vol 0, bright vol at 9 o'clock and tone about 1 o'clock.

Comment

Working...
      X