Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 baffle mounting Q.

hi again!

what exactly is used for the 4 facia mounts, bolts or screws? and does it vary between tweed cabs, for eg say did the '57 twin have bolts, the small champ just screws?

Ive been using brass 4m bolts which give a vg secure fixing, but they look a bit naff/ 'cheap'.. so wondered what uK folks use? I'm after the most authentic fendery dark jobbies really.

thx capt.

Tweed era Fenders usually used a decorative head screw in brass or bronze to mount the floating baffle to the cab. 2 top and 2 on the bottom. I believe the Tweed twinn had 3 top and 3 bottom. The top one was under the logo on my Low powered twinn.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/...XP?item=P-H241

Comment

Hmmm..I've never seen those decorative bolts used on tweed Fenders...just plain brass-colored bolts.

Comment

whats the 'decorative' bit? is it the flowery shaped nut thingy on the back?

so tweeds such as the 5e3 didnt use 4 say brass raised-head woodscrews then? fwiw ive used plain panhead 4M brass bolts, which look okay but a bit 'blingy' and cheap-looking.

what i need is a source of basic bronze, darker coloured raised head bolts.. bugger-all on the www. fancy that..

Comment

Working...
        X