5E3 grid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 grid ?

Hey guys ,I have two schematics for the 5e3 deluxe. The one that I'm using i came from the Schematic Heaven web site. Grids 4 on the 6v6's have no resistors connecting to the filter caps. I also have another schematic from Fender and it shows a 470ohm/2w resister coning off of each grid #4. Which do I follow? Thanks in advance.

Chuck.

I can't find a schem that shows the 5e3 has screen resistors. All the schems I've found show none.

What "schematic from Fender" are you looking at? Is it for a Deluxe Reverb, or possibly the reissue Deluxe?

An actual vintage 5e3 has no screen grid resistors and all of the cloners build the 5e3 with no screen grid resistors so that's how I would roll if it were me.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hey Chuck , the schematic is for a 57 deluxe,I guess it must be the ressiue.
      Sorry about that and thanks again for your reply ,I really appreciate it.

Chuck.

Comment

Ok... I looked up that schem. It's on the Fender website. It doesn't specifically say it's the reissue model. But judging by the primary voltages and some "safety" upgrades to the circuit, as well as the fact that the reissue is called the "57 Deluxe" and so is the schematic, I believe it is the reissue schematic. You can't really go wrong adding diodes behind the rectifier tube, including a proper grounded power cord and adding screen grid resistors. But none of that was on the original. The only "upgrade" I would add would be the grounded power cord.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X