Combo Cab Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo Cab Handle

I'm close to finishing up a scratch build 5E3 and one thing I put off is finding a handle. The combo cab on this one is raw finger jointed pine stained w/ clear finish. So far so good. Any pointers to where to go for a handle? Probably leather. Something that looks in character but doesn't cost an arm or leg. It's a graduation gift so I'm up against the clock.

Thanks!

Flat vs Raised

Oh, and some places list brown leather fender style handles as "raised" or "flat". What's that mean?

Comment

The raised handle just looks a little different with sort of a bump in the top piece of leather.

Many years ago I got a replacement leather handle at a guitar show that is reinforced with a steel band. I don't remember who sold it to me but now I can't find anyone selling them. It might have been the Victoria Amp folks.

A 5E3 can get heavy with an oversize power transformer and ceramic magnet speaker. I would be more inclined to use a so called "dog Bone" handle.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Mojo and Antique Electronics have handles. I just installed a raised leather handle on my 5E3 build.

Comment

Thanks folks, I ordered from AES.... bonehead me didn't notice that the mounting hardware was sold separately. No worries, I found spares from an old shell of a cab.

Comment

[H] Location of handle on tweed super

Building a tweed super from scratch.

[Q] Anyone know the layout dimensions on where handle goes ? ( i.e. how far is centerline of handle from front is all I need )

I don't want to wing-it.

Can't find any info on existing DYI layout diags.

-John

Comment

Working...
            X