Jensen Ceramic Speaker Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen Ceramic Speaker Question.

Im trying to figure out without buying 1 of everything, Which 12" JENSEN Will give the best or better bass response in a 5w Champish amp.

I prefer to use a ceramic speakers. I am avoiding the alnico's simply because the high end response is already outragous.

I currently have a Jensen C12R 25W in the amp and the Highs & Higher Mids are just overwhelming compared to the bass.

I have a 1X12 cab with a 100W Jensen Neo in it, And the Bass is much better, Tight, Fuller overall sound, But I really do not want to put a $100.00 speaker in the amp. Seems like a waste putting a 100W speaker in a 5-6W amp

I have access locally to a C12N 50W but thought I would get a few more opinions.

Trout

look at Weber's ceramic "Signature 12". I use one with my Epi Valve Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
      look at Weber's ceramic "Signature 12". I use one with my Epi Valve Junior.

Not relevant, I'm looking for a Jensen as stated above.

This is a 6V6 based SE amplifier and I am looking for better bass response,
      The C12R 25 watt has loads of highs and mids, But I want more bass out of it.

Trout

Comment

Is there a particular reason it must be a Jensen?

Comment

The following site has the frequency response graphs of all the Jensen speakers on it - you can print 'em off and compare them all.

http://www.vintagespeaker.com/search...ctmain=Speaker

Hope this is useful

Colin

Comment

Find yourself a vintage Jensen C12N from an old organ or guitar amp on eBay. They do have plenty of highs but they also have plenty of bass. You can find them for about the same as a new one if you are patient. I picked up 2 1968 16 ohm C12Ns for $75:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110074696671

Comment

good choice using REAL Jensens....the "new" ones just DON'T sound the same.

Comment

If the C12N 50W is a reissue, you'll find it very sharp in the upper frequencies.

Comment

I think I found the winner so far.
                  The New production C12N seems to the perfect for this amp. I tweaked the caps and slope resistor in the tone stack and got great matchup to the speakers strong points. Its very Clean up to about 8 on the volume and turns heads with the huge sound. The Bass is now outstanding no flubbyness and more than I should ever need.

Still a bit more than I wanted to spend on a BF Champ speaker, But It now seems well worth it.

Trout

Comment

Working...
                  X