Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion Blue/Eminence Red Fang in tweed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion Blue/Eminence Red Fang in tweed?

Has anyone put a Red Fang or a Blue in a Deluxe?

If so can you describe the difference in tone? Is it too dark?

I'm thinking it would remove the ice-pick from a Strat...

Thanks!

Mark

I've got both. the RedFang is darker, but can handle more power....the Blue is EXTREMELY sweet sounding, but of course is only rated for 15 watts.

Tight squeeze for the RedFang in a Deluxe....don't even think about using 6L6GCs, but the small-bottle WGB or 5881 will JUST fit.

Comment

The reason I'm asking is I slapped one in a Lil Dawg tweed Champster that has a 12" cab...the tone is smoother, sweeter, and far more complex than the Jensen reissue P12R that it came with. I found the Jensen to be a bit spiky.

I love the Fang but it may be too dark...it's still breaking in. It allows my Strat tone controls to go to "10" on the bridge without being ice-picky. My humbucker gits sound almost Marshally with this speaker. It is a luscious tone.
      I am just not sure if I can get it trebly enough when I want treble, ya know?

I didn't know how bright this type of British AlNiCo would be in a Deluxe as I'm gonna order one of those next. Lil Dawg will make the cab bigenough to accomodate 6L6s as well as the Fang if I desire.

Mark

Comment

just in case you haven't searched, there's already a thread on this topic -- there are more answers posted already if you're interested in looking for them.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I searched & found nothing...can you help?

Comment

the best thing to do is to become familiar with how to use Google effectively:

go to Google, click on Advanced Search, and enter the text "Red Fang" and the site "music-electronics-forum.com". you'll get the threads.
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
            X