Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5f4 volume?

Hey guys,
    Well the super tweed is running pretty good only one problem though. Is it normal in this type of amp that the two volume controls,(normal and Bright) interact with each other? What seems to happen is that when I'm plugged into the Bright ch I get very little volume unless the normal ch is on at least 1. The same goes for the normal ch when using it,the volume of the bright ch needs to be on as well in order to get any volume.Are both ch's supposed to be like this? If not then what might be the problem? The amp is working fine when both ch's vol are on aleast 1 or higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck.

Seems to me that the two 270k resistors are forming a voltage divider that is sending half your signal to ground through the other volume pot. It's basically a short to ground at zero setting.

Comment

So the two 270k resistors are shorting to ground somewhere? Anyway I can check this/

Chuck.

Comment

To clear up what madkatb said, when one control is all the way down, that end of that channels' 270K is connected to ground so any signal from the other volume control gets divided by half before it gets to the next stage. I suspect you have some other value resistor much lower than 270K in those positions. With the power off and both controls all the way down the junction of the two resistors should measure 135K to ground.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Hey guys,thanks. It was the wrong value resistors,270ohm.Replaced with the two 270k and everything is working ok now.
          I really appreciate your help,thanks again.

Chuck.

Comment

Working...
          X