5f2 princeton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5f2 princeton?

Hey guys, i have a 5f2 princeton clone from a buddy of mine that has a vol,tone master vol. It also has a 1/2 power switch. Is there a 5f2 princeton with these three pots? I've only seen princeton's with a vol and tone controls.I'm looking for the dimensions of the cab for this amp? Is it the same cab size as a 5e3?

Chuck.

No, and there is no such thing as a 5F2 with a master volume. Sounds like a custom build or something off the top of a builder's head.
    No idea what the chassis is though... how about some measurements to make this easier on us?
    The 5F2A cabinets are available from Weber or MOJO.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
      No, and there is no such thing as a 5F2 with a master volume. Sounds like a custom build or something off the top of a builder's head.
      No idea what the chassis is though... how about some measurements to make this easier on us?
      The 5F2A cabinets are available from Weber or MOJO.
      Hey Bruce, Here are some pics of the Chassis. It's built into a crude looking pine cab. The guy who owns it wants me to build a cab to house it in. I'm thinking the same size and style as the 57 tweed deluxe? It has a small slider switch which is supposed to be a half power switch.

Chuck.Click image for larger version

Name:	priceton 002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	824153Click image for larger version

Name:	priceton 004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	824154

Comment

Well I don't really know what that chassis is... it could be a 5F2A chassis, but what ever it is ...... yes, it's a Frankenstein creation.
        I'd mate it with a 12" speaker cabinet too!!
        Mojotone.com - The Best source for Vintage Amp Parts, Cabinets, Guitar Parts, Bass Parts, and Pickup Parts does custom cabinet work and they will cut out any raw cabinet they make, to fit any chassis that will actually fit inside the cabinet.
        Not sure what the switch is doing. It could be a DPDT switch and it is putting the power tube into Class A Triode mode... which then would only make about 1.7 to 2.5 watts in that amp.
        Regardless, they never made more then about 4 to 5.5 watts anyhow.
        Love the 5F2A amps though.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
        X