Few Pictures of my 5F1 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Pictures of my 5F1 Build

I lurk these boards enough figure I might as well post some pictures of my latest build Fender Champ 5F1

Thanks again for helping me get the PT wired up. Really digging this little guy

Used Tone Clone Transformers
    NOS AB Resistors
    SoZo Blue Signal Caps
    F&T Caps

Let me know what you think, there are a few things I wish came out neater but overall I think it looks pretty good, she screams like a banshee too!

Looks great... very clean and tidy. Much better than my first attempt. How does it sound? Which speaker / cab are you planning on tossing this in?
    Last edited by Wittgenstein; 08-03-2012, 03:14 AM.
    My Builds:
    5E3 Deluxe Build
    5F1 Champ Build
    6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Originally posted by Wittgenstein View Post
      Looks great... very clean and tidy. Much better than my first attempt. How does it sound? Which speaker / cab are you planning on tossing this in?
      I currently am running a Weber Alnico Sig 8s, I'm in the works of a home made pine cabinet, unfortunately carpentry isn't my strong suit so it's taking a bit longer than I originally thought .

Comment

What power transformer did you use? It looks like mine which did not have a center tap for the heaters, just a center tap for the high voltage (red & yellow striped wire). I know on my champ I had to add a virtual center tap for the heaters because I would read 60-70Volts off the lamp (not 6.3V) due to capacitive coupling within the transformer. It also helped to reduce some of the hum. Link here for more info.

Nice.... I'm currently using a Sig 8 as well and I dig it. Let me know how your cabinet turns out as I also need to build a few. The chassis I made for my 5f1 is slightly larger than the standard size, so I will have to make my cabinet to fit.
        My Builds:
        5E3 Deluxe Build
        5F1 Champ Build
        6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

What power transformer did you use? It looks like mine which did not have a center tap for the heaters, just a center tap for the high voltage (red & yellow striped wire). I know on my champ I had to add a virtual center tap for the heaters because I would read 60-70Volts off the lamp (not 6.3V) due to capacitive coupling within the transformer. It also helped to reduce some of the hum. Link here for more info.

Nice.... I'm currently using a Sig 8 as well and I dig it. Let me know how your cabinet turns out as I also need to build a few. The chassis I made for my 5f1 is slightly larger than the standard size, so I will have to make my cabinet to fit.
          I used a Classic Tone 40-18027 PT and Classic Tone 40-18030 OT really dig it I've only used Mercury Magnetics in the past and to be honest I think the quality is spot on with them.

Comment

That turned out nice for you. Now if you want to really have fun with it add a line out and use it to drive one of those 50/100 watt marshalls you were talking about. It is an easy mod. Do a search for Firezog and Kalamazoo Amp field Guide for examples.

Comment

Working...
            X