5E9A Tremolux pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E9A Tremolux pots

Hi Can someone verify for me that the 2 meg speed pot in a 5E9a is a Reverse audio (no taper reference on the fender schematic)?

Also- I'm curious about the switch in the pot - wouldn't the foot switch serve the same function?

Thanks.

Most tremolo oscillators need a reverse taper speed pot because otherwise the fast speeds would be bunched up on the clockwise end of rotation. You could use an audio taper pot if you wired it so that the slower speeds were on the clockwise end of rotation. I would just use the commonly available 3 Meg reverse log pot you find in most other Fender amps.

The problem with the 5E9A circuit is that the Intensity control can not cut the tremolo effect to zero. So if you don't have a footswitch, you can't cut the tremolo completely off without the switch on the pot. Even if you have the footswitch, adjusting the Intensity control has some effect on the bias of the phase inverter. There was a thread a while back where a builder had no signal at all getting through the amp because too much current through the Intensity pot cut off the phase inverter.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X