'Octal Proluxe' with reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Octal Proluxe' with reverb

Got this in mind for my current 5C5...which I'm converting to fixed bias (thanks Bruce and LoudThud for your advice from before).

Since I only use two inputs at a time, I thought it was a bit of a waste having two 1st stage tubes (with two pairs of inputs, one to each half)....so I figured I'd first keep it to one tube like with the 5C3/P (kinda' like a 5E5 vs. 5E3). Then, with a remaining tube socket and an octal-to-noval adaptor, I figured I'd try a one-tube reverb like the ones that Tubenit has posted. Included is a schematic below. Thoughts, red flags, etc? Thanks.

Last edited by RC99; 07-11-2013, 01:58 AM.

Needs a cap 500p to .001 range between the RV and dwell pot.

With respect, Tubenit

Comment

Originally posted by Tubenit View Post
      Needs a cap 500p to .001 range between the RV and dwell pot.

With respect, Tubenit
      I've actually got that on my layout but somehow left it out here.(!) Thanks much. Updated.

Also been trying to figure a way to make it switchable from cathode to fixed bias. The only way I can see if using two DPDT switches (obviously turn the amp off when switching), but the routing could get a bit hairy.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	17682u.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	829625
      Last edited by RC99; 07-11-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Tried it, it didn't seem to work very well...probably something going on mixing the 12ax7 with the octals. Returned the amp back to the 5C5 but will try it with a 5E3x2.

Comment

Working...
        X