Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some advice on a Champ 5F1 build (from Mojo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really bothered by what happens if you use the calculator. It clearly demonstrates frequency response shaping for any reasonable value that an amp builder is likely to use.

Bruce, didn't you co- publish a spreadsheet that does the same thing? It would have been a long time ago if my feeble memory is remembering correctly...
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
      Run a single wire from their junction over to the positive end of your power tube's cathode bypass cap.
      bruce, borrowing from what i did on my two mission tweed deluxe builds -how about this (not running grounds from the pilot light the way mojo shows but running them from pins 2 and 7 of the power tube to the positive end of the power tube cathode bypass cap? hope the drawing i edited Click image for larger version

Name:	howabout.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	831576shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by d. spree View Post
        bruce, borrowing from what i did on my two mission tweed deluxe builds -how about this (not running grounds from the pilot light the way mojo shows but running them from pins 2 and 7 of the power tube to the positive end of the power tube cathode bypass cap? hope the drawing i edited [ATTACH=CONFIG]26130[/ATTACH]shows it.
        sorry picture too small. hope this works better
        Attached Files

Comment

sorry picture too small. hope this works better
          HA ha... NO
          You'll blow it to the moon like that.
          On the power tube socket, run a 100 ohm resistor from lug 2 to 8 and another 100 ohm resistor from 7 to 8.
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

HA ha... NO
            You'll blow it to the moon like that.
            On the power tube socket, run a 100 ohm resistor from lug 2 to 8 and another 100 ohm resistor from 7 to 8.
            Oh Damn!!!! I was so focused on figuring out out to make the drawing I ran the wire to the wrong place!!! Meant to run to the + side power tube cathode bypass cap. Didn't notice till I opened up the thread this morning. This is what I meant to draw. Is this right?

Comment

Oh Damn!!!! I was so focused on figuring out out to make the drawing I ran the wire to the wrong place!!! Meant to run to the + side power tube cathode bypass cap. Didn't notice till I opened up the thread this morning. This is what I meant to draw. Is this right?
              hereClick image for larger version

Name:	howabout.jpg
Size:	739.8 KB
ID:	831600

Better on a drawing using paint program than on the real thing. No explosions here.

Comment

Right....
                Bruce

Mission Amps
                Denver, CO. 80022
                www.missionamps.com
                303-955-2412

Comment

Right....
                  As always, thanks Bruce and to everyone else who pitched in. This forum is an amazing resource and I appreciate it. Wish I had some expertise to contribute but alas . . .

Comment

Hey, if everbody here knew everything, this forum would be pretty damn boring to be sure!!
                    Bruce

Mission Amps
                    Denver, CO. 80022
                    www.missionamps.com
                    303-955-2412

Comment

so this is my modified wiring diagram - does it look right? Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweed Champ 5F1 WD v2013 modified.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	831726

Comment

Working...
                      X