Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well
    i'm not at all stuck on a vibrolux
    I've built one using somebodies 50 vintage pa/instrument with nice hammond transformers
    I've just switched the bias steal over to the blackface princeton type and that works well and has less components than my original setup
    I have it in a little homemade cab with a JBL D130 and it's big loud sounding if I want it to be
    (see 'Unfair bias thread on Hoffmans forum if you want to see a picture, my apologies I can't post them here..time to get a new computer)

So far I'm leaning towards a deluxe AB763 I have a GZ34 rectifier from another amp and I get 420 volts off the B+ of the rectifier when i fire it up so that should be enough. The out put transformer looks like it could handle the power too as it's a single tap and quite big. Do that and use the vibrolux or blackface princeton tremelo circuit as it seems nice and simple and sounds good. Either that or just build a Blackface princeton AA964.

I've really appreciated all the helpful information here so far

Comment

You just need to tap off the bias supply like the 6G3 to make it work. Be mindful of the cathode bypass cap on the trem circuit; if you use the stock value and the osc dissipates at low trem speeds you will need to throw a 47uf or 100uf in there to get it working right. Also, look at the 6G3 circuit for an extra .02uf cap that goes from the b+ (after the 220K) to the cathode bypass cap on the trem circuit. This really helped quiet down the bias/trem of my 6G2.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	princeton_6g2_trem.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	832118Ehh, I took a look just in case about that .02 cap from the deluxe...can't remember where I actually got that from...cause it aint on the 6g3! anyway, I made this up in MS paint off the 6g2 schematic...this is how mine is now...my B+ is really close to what you say you have.

Comment

Cool
          I'll look into that
          Somebody was mentioning the vibrolux 6G11 tremelo circuit as well. I guess that's a whole 12AX7 circuit though
          Picked up some extra electrolytics and resistors today, likely start assembling this eve
          I have to move a couple things around first though

Comment

Working...
          X