presense pot on/off switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presense pot on/off switch

is there a pot with a built in switch i could use for the presense control?

not sure exactly what you mean but there are pots with switches. The kind you rotate (usually seems to be power like that on Champs) or the push(pull) kind.

Comment

happy new year,
      im thinking of a switch just like the ones used in the champ, however i need 5k pot with the switch. or can i change the presense resistor and use the 1meg pot used in the champ? basically my question is, is there a 5k pot with the switch available?

Comment

hi happy new year.

or can i change the presense resistor and use the 1meg pot used in the champ?
        not sure which amp(what situation) is being referred to? A Champ?

is there a 5k pot with the switch available?
        has there ever been such a pot made? Most probably. Where would you get one? I would try the usual places. Parts vendors such as Mouser, Digi-Key, Allied, Newark, New Sensor, AES, etc. etc. and surplus places.

Comment

its a 5f4 dai.

Comment

what are you trying to switch on and off?

Comment

the presense/feedback circuit.

Comment

with the presence you could just turn the control all the way down, so I guess you mean disconnect the feedback?

Comment

absolutely, on my last 5f4 i disconnected the presense circuit trying to debug something, the amp sounded much better to me.

Comment

okay gotcha. So it'd be like a cool option to have. Sounds like it'll work but I would wonder if there would be switching noise and if there was how to deal with it (high value R across the contacts, etc.).

also the rotary type turn-down-all-the-way-for-off switch makes more sense to me now. Turn down (presence) all the way, engage the switch (to turn the presence off).

Comment

There's some stuff available at Mouser that you can't find on the website...You have to have the paper catalog and then you can punch in that part number in the "search" box.

Here you go:

http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine....-f&N=1323038+0

Cheers

Chuck
                      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

thanks chuck

Comment

Working...
                        X