inexpensive chassis for four 6V6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive chassis for four 6V6?

I didn't know where else to post this, but does anyone know of a inexpensive source for a aluminum chassis for 5 octals for the outputs and one for the 5AR4, and three 9 pins? NOT a tweed type chassis, but a standard combo type with controls on the front like a marshall JCM 800 combo for example.

If you have the tools to punch/drill your own chassis (I don't), I now that you can go to a shabbier-looking guitar store and buy a super-cheap off-brand transistor amp. Then, you can gut it and reuse the chassis and cabinet for your own ends. If you don't mind the graphics already on the chassis, you can even reuse it's volume/treble/mid/bass knobs. Cool!

But, if you don't have the tools to cut holes in your own chassis, I don't know where you can get inexpensive chassis. I'm hoping someone answers your thread on this one. Are there any suppliers or individuals that'll sell a chassis with the holes punched/drilled already?

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
      I didn't know where else to post this, but does anyone know of a inexpensive source for a aluminum chassis for 5 octals for the outputs and one for the 5AR4, and three 9 pins? NOT a tweed type chassis, but a standard combo type with controls on the front like a marshall JCM 800 combo for example.
      This company sells blank chassis relatively inexpensively:

http://www.turretboards.com/Chassis_blank.htm

But you have to drill/punch your own holes.

chuck

Comment

I saw that already, but they don't have them in the size i want. 6.5" wide is just way too narrow, and by the time they go to 8" you're at 24" long which is much too long. Antique electronic supply has a good sized one, but it's about as thin as paper. anyways, i really don't want to cut it myself unless i must. (which it looks like i will have to)

Comment

i don't know if the dimensions would be OK, check here:
          https://taweber.powweb.com/store/chassis/chord2.html

the 5E3x2 = 4x6V6

Comment

How about something like this

If your interested in something along these lines send me a PM.

Bruce
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X