Tweed cloth, Uk supplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweed cloth, Uk supplier?

Hi- anyone in Uk know of the most cost-effective place to source tweed material? is tghere an EU place, or even cheapy chinese stuff? (I bet such stuff exists). Ive emailed US places, but seem reluctant to reply/ deal to Uk.

I've also been looking at clothing places for tweed, to see if that's a clever way of getting some cheap (a v good approx 5E3 type would do). But it'd look like a kilt so far..

thx folks.

Originally posted by The Captain View Post
    I've also been looking at clothing places for tweed, to see if that's a clever way of getting some cheap (a v good approx 5E3 type would do). But it'd look like a kilt so far..

thx folks.
    Don't know about the UK but I do the same trick with clothing places. I stumbled onto a nice supply of Gingham tweed fabric - looks real zany. I reckon a the right kind of tartan could look real cool, esp if you did 1/2" bullnose radius on the edges and then put steel corner caps on.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

we provide vinyle tweed

we provide vinyle tweed.
      we will add the photo of vinyle tweed on our URL http://www.kldguitar.comsoon, It is clothes like fender used.
      I hope you are interesting.
      The price is one yard USD5.6, The width is 1.5m
      you can contact with us directly,I will count the cost of DHL for you

Comment

What the heck is "vinyle tweed"?

Anyone interested in a Harris Tweed Deluxe with a built-in hip flask?
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by kldguitar View Post
          I hope you are interesting.
          Thanks, I am indeed very interesting.

Comment

would you mind give me the photo of tweed

Thanks, I am indeed very interesting.
            Thanks, would you mind giving the photo of tweed you want, please watch the photo of our vinyl tweed,0.7 mm thick, clother with PVC backing coving, it is better to cover case.
            at same time, we have different corner and handle.

If you are interesting, please contact with me directly.
            I found the colors maybe changed ,The real colors is like fender
            Last edited by kldguitar; 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I am even more interesting than the other guy so watch me your tweed too please. Interesting so much I wait at laundrymat for lost socks made of tweed to waiting for enough to cover me amp. As man said at me, one lost sock is not the same as all lost, yes? I listen that tweed be greatest amplifier covering possible. I tease, I tease! But tweed is that I want, and you sail it for a quiet price seemingly.

How much for the DHL deliverance? Will it pay me a lot extra? And how often can it be sended to I? One week? Where is most I can buy?
              In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

how larger you need

Originally posted by cminor9 View Post
                I am even more interesting than the other guy so watch me your tweed too please. Interesting so much I wait at laundrymat for lost socks made of tweed to waiting for enough to cover me amp. As man said at me, one lost sock is not the same as all lost, yes? I listen that tweed be greatest amplifier covering possible. I tease, I tease! But tweed is that I want, and you sail it for a quiet price seemingly.

How much for the DHL deliverance? Will it pay me a lot extra? And how often can it be sended to I? One week? Where is most I can buy?
                about the cost of Tolex you need. First I want to know how larger size tolex you need? The width is 1.45 m(57inch). the price is USD 7.8/yard.
                By our experince, one yard is enough to any amp.
                The weight of yard is 0.865kg. The big problem is cost of DHL. It is very expensive if you only buy tolex,about USD 20 ,detail please watch http://www.kldguitar.com/FAQ.htm
                So I suggest you buy some other such as handle, corner etc,
                at present, we think about new service providing accessores of guitar amp in USD 100 include cost of shippment , Are you interesting in? Do you have some advices.
                The world is flat, let more people share it.

Comment

Hi- anyone in Uk know of the most cost-effective place to source tweed material? is tghere an EU place, or even cheapy chinese stuff? (I bet such stuff exists). Ive emailed US places, but seem reluctant to reply/ deal to Uk.

thx folks.
                  You might not know this but Peavy used that cheap plastic tweed material and it is probably still available.. at least here stateside.
                  I'd email MOJO and ask if the have any.
                  They ship to the UK.
                  Real tweed twill cloth material has tripled in price since I started using it in the early 90s. and
                  I recently had to get a boat load of IC chips that have been discontinued here in the USA.
                  I bought hundreds and hundreds of them from an electronics surplus company in China for pennies on the dollar but ... the shipping, handling and bank charges cost 400% more then the parts, because I had to pay my bank $45 to transfer the money and the Chinese company charged me another $60 to accept my payment in USD and $70.00 to ship 2.5 lbs of IC cips! Buying from China SUCKS ASS.
                  Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM. Reason: another thought...
                  Bruce

Mission Amps
                  Denver, CO. 80022
                  www.missionamps.com
                  303-955-2412

Comment

You look for wrong company

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                    You might not know this but Peavy used that cheap plastic tweed material and it is probably still available.. at least here stateside.
                    I'd email MOJO and ask if the have any.
                    They ship to the UK.
                    Real tweed twill cloth material has tripled in price since I started using it in the early 90s. and
                    I recently had to get a boat load of IC chips that have been discontinued here in the USA.
                    I bought hundreds and hundreds of them from an electronics surplus company in China for pennies on the dollar but ... the shipping, handling and bank charges cost 400% more then the parts, because I had to pay my bank $45 to transfer the money and the Chinese company charged me another $60 to accept my payment in USD and $70.00 to ship 2.5 lbs of IC cips! Buying from China SUCKS ASS.
                    I have read your message, I agree with you that the cost of shippment is big problem when you buy smaller order from china. But there are some things need discuss
                    1. Is the price of chinese things cheaper than in US? I think the answer is certainly.If not you don't buy it in china.
                    2.you have to pay $45 for bank cost, I don't know how much you post? and what way you used? There are many way to post money ,paypal, western union, T/T, USD 45 is expensive if you post USd 1000,But it is cheaper if you post 10000.
                    3. I don't know why chinese company need you other USD 60 ?
                    4. The cost of shippment is very high clearly, 2.5lbs is 1.1339kg, Commonly it count according by 1.5kg(so 1.1339 is bad amount, It better you need 1.4-1.5kg), The cost of DHL is USD 33.to US and canda,USD 37 to U.K
                    more please watch http://www.kldguitar.com/FAQ.htm

Comment

Hi Mr. Kdl guitar, can please you me give quote post for 2 yards of the tolex tweed please? I'm in the UK. And please tell me you can if any other charges at all, thank you please.

Comment

tweedle dee and tweedle dum...

hello.

cheapest (!?) i found in the EU :

http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/pro...age-Tweed.html

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Fender-...-pr-19969.html

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/index.php?cPath=25_44

but how much do you need? anyway, maybe you get a discount on a larger quantity?!

greetings from vienna.

Comment

thats approx $80 a yd!!

this is completely ridiculous..

Where Mr. TDL ?

Comment

please contact with me in kldguitar@yahoo.com

Hi Mr. Kdl guitar, can please you me give quote post for 2 yards of the tolex tweed please? I'm in the UK. And please tell me you can if any other charges at all, thank you please.
                            please contact with me kldguitar@yahoo.com directly

Comment

Working...
                            X