Eyelet board stoopid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet board stoopid question

Ok, either I'm a doofus or I've missed something... I bought a fiberboard for my 5F6A project from Marsh Amps, and for the life of me I can't figure how it matches any published circuit layout diagram. I even have a picture of the board from a real '59 Bassman, and I can't see how the holes in my eyelet board even come close to the picture (or any other layout diagram I've come across). So, here's my question: Did I get the wrong board (no reply from Marsh as yet), or do you just use whatever holes seem to be close? It's gotta be easier than this.

Stuck in Newbie Hell,

Larry

On their web site, the photo of the 5F6 board is small, but the holes are visible, and they sure look like the same pattern as the layout drawing for the 5F6 I am looking at.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

FWIW if you get fed up with off-the-shelf products or simply can't find what you're looking for, I took a look at the fender layout diagram, and cut out my own prototype from piece of electrical switchboard (from a local electrical wholesaler) with a fret saw, filed the edges, bought some 4mm copper eyelets from local building supplier, and drilled the holes where I thought they should go according to the fender layoutand tapped the eyelets firmly into it - didn't look too flash at first glance - solders up like a dream and I can put extra holes where I want 'em and works just dandy. Became my ultimate board for recent 5G9 build - and the best part is the cost was way too cheap to worry about.
      Attached Files
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Hmm... The picture on their website does not look like mine. So, I've attached pictures of my '5F6A' board for all to see. One picture is flipped because I don't which way they go. I don't think the holes line up on my Hoffman chassis, either.

<Light Bulb = ON>
        I think I have the wrong board.
        <\Light Bulb>
        Attached Files

Comment

Pick up the phone and call them.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Pick up the phone and call them.
            Do I detect annoyance in your reply <g>, or an admission that something may be amiss?

I'll call Monday, but I'll send my pictures now.

Larry

Comment

Well, it turns out it was a board for a Blackface Bassman. I wasn't losing my mind after all.

L

Comment

Do I detect annoyance in your reply
                Absolutely not. I so often see cases where people say "I sent an email and got no response." And they stop there. SO I was just trying to be abundantly clear I meant to call, not email. Calls don't tend to be #146 out of 300 emails for the day.

ANd in the case where it don't seem right, often it is simpler to call that to try and puzzle things out.

I am glad the mystery is solved.

Comment

Enzo, I put the grin '<g>' in there to lighten up the question a little <g>. But your reply made me send another email to MarshAmps right away with the pictures attached. I got an immediate response from Mike at Marsh and he agreed that someone goofed up. I'll have the REAL board next week.

Thanks for all your help and patience and insight on my other posts as well.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                  X