new Reverb Pan and tranny questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Reverb Pan and tranny questions

I got a P-TF22921 in the mail last week.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/...item=P-TF22921

It is 25k primary, 8R secondary, 3.5W, and has a Black and green wired out one side and a red and blue out the other. Is the red and blue the primary?

I also got an accutronics 4AB3C1B pan

http://www.darrenriley.com/shop/cart...t_detail&p=385

Both ends of the pan look nearly identical from what I can tell, same colour wires, except one of the terminal tags for the little coils at the end of the springs is red, and the one at the other end is white. Is there any special way the pan should be hooked up w.r.t. the tranny/recovery stage? (or doesn't it matter which way around these pans go?)

Sorry for the dumb-ass qns
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

BTW I discovered the pan is a "Type 4". (I've also discovered that I can't edit my posts when I use emoticons - anyone else experience the same thing?)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      I got a P-TF22921 ? Is the red and blue the primary?
      Yes.

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      I also got an accutronics 4AB3C1B pan
      Both ends of the pan look nearly identical from what I can tell, same colour wires, except one of the terminal tags for the little coils at the end of the springs is red, and the one at the other end is white. Is there any special way the pan should be hooked up w.r.t. the tranny/recovery stage? (or doesn't it matter which way around these pans go?)
      Yes it matters. The RCA phono connectors on the pan should be labeled ?Input? and ?Output? The input is where you apply the drive signal from the 8 Ohm secondary of your transformer. FYI the manufacturer uses the different color bobbins to distinguish the impedance of the transducer.

Regards,
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X