No announcement yet.

fender deluxe reverb 65 repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The opto does not affect the oscillator side. You have to get the oscillator side working.
    Not sure if you have changed the caps on the oscillator side yet?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Can you see the neon flashing in the dark?
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

What a trip !

I could not see the light as it was too hidden by the heat shrink. I replaced a lot of component this time, the 2 cathode resistors and bypass capacitors. I put a new optocoupler i had and i made a cut to see the light.
        So it's very weird....

When the trem is on, the light is always lit whatever the speed. And when i switch it off, the light oscillate fast making a ticking noise but the speed controle don't change anything.

But if i remove the wire from the bias winding from the 2M2 resistor, the trem does work better, but the noise when trem is off has disappeared.

I had already changed the 3 cap and the 3 res on the oscillator...

I repeat again, it has worked fine, unless it was a dream...

Comment

I replaced all the component in the bias circuit except the bias pot. It was a good thing, because now the bias voltage is exactly the same at each grid. And i don't have the ticking noise when the trem is off anymore.

But now it works as if the speed control had no effect. The light is on all the time with a voltage of around 50 V, and the LDR is 1 k or less. When i turn the speed pot, it does not change. However the pot is new and has good readings with my DMM.

When the trem is off, the light is off and no ticking noise anymore.

The oscillator does not work...

Comment

It works now !
            I removed the oscillator caps and sucked all the tin in the eyeletts, some caps had too long leads under the board, and maybe when i put the amp up side down, something went between the 2 fiber boards, i don't know but it oscillates...
            I put back of course the caps after

The last issue, i think, is the noise, static noise that i can't get rid of...It annoys me... There are still 4 aged cathode bypass capacitors... Or a bad solder somewhere...

Any idea?

Comment

Working...
            X