Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 evh power transformer

hi guy,
    right now iam working on this amp, no power after the secondary, so i guest its the power trannys blown already, but after seach on the net theres no schem/diagram for this amp(PT) , the secondary not quiet normal as marshall/fender type, it got 3 wires with centertap for heater, 2 wires for HT(bridge rectifier) ,and separate bias supply..(am i correct?)

anyone experiance the same problem can share here,any help would be appreceated..thanks

"After" the secondary?

IS there mains voltage right at the primary wires? Just because the fuse is OK doesn't mean the voltage is getting to the transformer. Transformer failures in these is very rare.

REmember there is the 5150 (now 6505), the 5150-2 (now 6505+), and 5150 Combo. Each is different. You can get any schematic for the asking right from Peavey. You can call the PV parts department and order the exact transformer if it is really faulty. You need to CALL, they don't take orders by email. Well, unless you have an account there.

If you have verified the mains voltage (120VAC? 240?) gets to the transformer primary, is there zero volts on all secondaries? You can pull the primary wires off the board and measure continuity through the primary for test.

The secondaries are two wire HV, two wire 6VAC for heaters, bias winding, and something like 36VCT for the +/-24VDC rails that serve the transistors, LEDs, relays, and the preamp tube heaters.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      "After" the secondary?

IS there mains voltage right at the primary wires? Just because the fuse is OK doesn't mean the voltage is getting to the transformer. Transformer failures in these is very rare.

REmember there is the 5150 (now 6505), the 5150-2 (now 6505+), and 5150 Combo. Each is different. You can get any schematic for the asking right from Peavey. You can call the PV parts department and order the exact transformer if it is really faulty. You need to CALL, they don't take orders by email. Well, unless you have an account there.

If you have verified the mains voltage (120VAC? 240?) gets to the transformer primary, is there zero volts on all secondaries? You can pull the primary wires off the board and measure continuity through the primary for test.

The secondaries are two wire HV, two wire 6VAC for heaters, bias winding, and something like 36VCT for the +/-24VDC rails that serve the transistors, LEDs, relays, and the preamp tube heaters.
      thanks enzo ,as usual.. i actually mean the secondary PT shows no reading at all ,
      and yes theres voltage after the fuse, but have to double check if it reach the primary winding..based on my exp. faulty power tranny wll blow the fuse right.? its a 5150 combo, and if anything i will call peavey for parts/schem.
      thanks again!

Comment

I have that Schematic here, if you PM me your email address I will email it over to you...

Cheers

N

Comment

based on my exp. faulty power tranny wll blow the fuse right.?
          Well, no. After all you think this one is faulty and the fuse is not blown?

Transformers could short an that would blow fuses, but they can also go open, and that would not blow fuses.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X