Crate VC 5310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glebert View Post
    ......I think these are really underappreciated amps, a bit sensitive to tube choice but can really sound fantastic. I have a 30 watt 1x12 that I really need to get around to fixing.
    Agreed. I also have a VC3112 and it's one of my favorite amps if not my favorite.

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I have entered the parts numbers on every site I could find with no results.
      That's not how. You'd have to know who sells them. Just enter the part number only into google. I just did. For 70-503-22, the first hit was in Europe. The second was FUll COmpass here in the USA and they sell them:

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/280...8-and-svt-4pro
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The stems are broken. It was almost new when I got it and didn't play for a long time. Things were stupidly sracked on it over years and the two were broken when I decided to take it out. I have started playing again after being fallow for years during this pandemic and won't ever stop. I'm returning quickly to where I was in music school and it's the most invigorating feeling I've had in years. I have entered a profile on the site, but FYI I am in New Orleans. I attempted to find the 250 k log pot at full compass but didn't see a compatible one. Before I even got on this site I put out feelers with every amp repair place and parts supplier I could find betwwen Quebec and L.A. And yes, the bass pot is 1M according to the schematic. I did not see a pot with the proper configuration, pins or sleeves. Being back again and discovering such helpful people is awesome. When I stopped creating music the internet was just getting off the ground. It's been that long!! Your wealth of info is proving invaluable to me. My sincere thanks to you!

Comment

I will try just the numbers on Google. I use Bing or Chrome. Maybe a different search engine will help me find what you did. Thanks Enzo.

Comment

I have 120 vintage guitars but need to find something to play through besides my Peavey Backstage half-stack! It's too much for home use.

Comment

Excuse me. Auto spell. Fliptops

Comment

I don't know if my success reply posted. I ordered the level log pot from Belgium and the bass linear pot through Fliptops. It had the proper configuration. Reverb had one but sold out. The stem on the level is different but I will make it work. It's split metal knurled instead of solid plastic. Shouldn't be a problem. Mant thanks. It's an education I plan to continue.

Comment

Sorry, I put up the wrong link. I did find the 70-105-22 at Full COmpass though

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/285...ot-for-svt4pro
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo, Glebert, and "the Dude". Thanks again. Just got my linear bass pot from Fliptops. Perfect match! Now I'm waiting on the log pot from Boom, Belgium. How appropriate is that? When that comes, a little soldering and reassembly and I'll be back in business. Cheers guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X