Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened?

Hi everyone!

I have a Princeton 65 solid state amp. I know it's not the world's best amp, but I've been enjoying it. Anyway, I was playing it today on the drive channel and all of a sudden the drive went away. Now it sounds clean on both channels. I swear when my girlfriend came in the room she said "oh, I though you were playing your acoustic", lol. I'm not opposed to acoustic guitars, but my SG should never be mistaken for one. So, any ideas on what happened, or what I can check?

Start by plugging another guitar into it to see if the it's the amp or the guitar that is the problem.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well the only other guitars I have around are a Martin and an Ibanez acoustic. Stupid Ibanez, in the case untouched for 4 or 5 months and has the audacity to be perfectly in tune. Won't even make me feel bad for neglecting it like a sensible guitar would. Well neither of those sounds like the drive channel is working either. There is very little difference between the channels now.

Comment

LED?

Does the "Drive" Led light when you have the drive channel selected?
        Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Does _anything_ change between drive and not-drive settings? A pop or click when you hit the switch? More/less hiss? A change in the range of some knob?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Moose View Post
            Does _anything_ change between drive and not-drive settings? A pop or click when you hit the switch? More/less hiss? A change in the range of some knob?
            If you ask me I think that God has decided to purge the world of all of those sinful solid state guitar amps- kinda like Noah's ark or Sodom and Gomorrah... "Repent and be saved!"

Steve Ahola
            The Blue Guitar
            www.blueguitar.org
            Some recordings:
            https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
              If you ask me I think that God has decided to purge the world of all of those sinful solid state guitar amps- kinda like Noah's ark or Sodom and Gomorrah... "Repent and be saved!"

Steve Ahola
              Then he must be trying to shutdown my service business.
              Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by bnwitt View Post
                Then he must be trying to shutdown my service business.
                Man... I didn't get the memo either! Oh well, maybe I can get a job in the automotive industry or banking or mortgage loans...

Comment

Working...
                X