JC-120 input jacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC-120 input jacks...

sigh... this thing won't let me rest. While installing new knobs and tightening everything up on the front panel, one of the 30-something year old plastic input jacks disintegrated... I looked on mojomusicalsupply.com and I the closest thing I can find is the 3 conductor enclosed 1/4" panel mount phone jack - two questions -

a) is this the right jack?!

b) if so, do I need the insulated or metal bushing?

I called Roland and was rudely told they don't make my model JC-120 anymore and wouldn't even tell me what the current part is... help!

Originally posted by onthegreenline View Post
    sigh... this thing won't let me rest. While installing new knobs and tightening everything up on the front panel, one of the 30-something year old plastic input jacks disintegrated... I looked on mojomusicalsupply.com and I the closest thing I can find is the 3 conductor enclosed 1/4" panel mount phone jack - two questions -

a) is this the right jack?!

b) if so, do I need the insulated or metal bushing?

I called Roland and was rudely told they don't make my model JC-120 anymore and wouldn't even tell me what the current part is... help!
    Hi there, No you need a 2 CONDUCTOR (mono) jack socket. Any of the two conductor sockets on this page will do http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/products.asp?id=44990 Most PCB mount mono sockets will have 4 pins, don't confuse these pins with conductors. The 3 conductor socket is STEREO and will have 6 pins. Pick the one that matches your JC closest. If it wont fit the board then wire it into the board.

Comment

Thanks... I'm still confused - the jacks on my 120 have what looks like an extra connection at the opposite end of the assembly for a ground wire - so there are two leads at the "bottom" of the jack, both of which are used" and an extra prong at the "top" for the ground. Just confuses me a little as I haven't seen on e like this before. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by onthegreenline View Post
        Thanks... I'm still confused - the jacks on my 120 have what looks like an extra connection at the opposite end of the assembly for a ground wire - so there are two leads at the "bottom" of the jack, both of which are used" and an extra prong at the "top" for the ground. Just confuses me a little as I haven't seen on e like this before. Any thoughts?
        I would say that the extra lead you describe will be the link to the other input i.e. high and low are linked together. If you can't physically see which terminal is to tip and which is to ground, insert a lead into the socket and get a continuity tester between the plug and the terminals to see what is connected to what.

Comment

Working...
        X