Fender reverb pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender reverb pan

I have a fender stage 160 and the reverb doesn't work. I have removed the pan and evrything looks intact, no loose wires or broken springs.
    What normally goes wrong with these or could there be no signal to the pan?
    I'm a novice at this.

Originally posted by peterneus View Post
    ...I have removed the pan and evrything looks intact, no loose wires or broken springs.
    Do you have an ohmmeter? Things may look ok, but if one of the transducer coils is open you will need a meter to find it.

Originally posted by peterneus View Post
    What normally goes wrong with these or could there be no signal to the pan?
    Most of the time the problem lies in the tank or the wires to the tank.

If you shake the tank while it's plugged into the amp with the reverb turned on, do you hear the rattle of the springs? If you do, then you know that the tank output transducer is ok, and that the return circuit in the amp is ok as well.

If you don't hear the rattle, try removing the RCA plug from the output of the tank, and touch the center conductor of the plug. You should hear a buzz coming from the amp. Just like if you touch the tip of the guitar cord plugged into the input of the amp.

If you do hear the buzz, try plugging that same output cable into the input jack of the tank, and then shake the tank to see if you hear the spring rattle. If you do, then you know that the input transducer is ok. If not, then you will need to at least, replace the tank.

If you don't hear the buzz when you touch the reverb return plug, then there is a problem with the return circuit of the amp.
    Last edited by 52 Bill; 12-17-2008, 09:24 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

My HR Deville had a reverb prob a while back. My Tank seemed fine so I exchanged the IC Chip that drives the reverb. Hooked it all back up and worked only for a short while. I found that the Tank was what was working intermidantly. So I replaced the tank for 40 bucks or so and plugged it in and it has worked like a champ ever since. I figured, if it was not the tank, then I had an extra tank anyway.

Good Luck

Comment

The best price I've found for Fender tanks is at tubesandmore.com which is Antique Electronics. That's if you need one of course. There is also the reverb driver tube and recovery tube which may be bad, but that's kind of rare.

Comment

Working...
        X