Eden wt-400s hum/buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden wt-400s hum/buzz

I have never posted on a forum before, but seek advice on my Eden WT-400 bass head.

I recently bought a WT-400s, a reissue of the original from original parts 2006. It is a nice amp but when I turn it on it makes a buzzing sound that does not seem to come through the speakers, just from the amp.

I thought is was kind of loud so I bought another WT-400, an original issue from 2000 to compare noises.

The WT-400 also makes this buzzing sound that does not come through the speaker but at a much quieter level. The comparison was done with identical connections.

Can anyone identify the cause of this noise and is there a way to minimize or eliminate it?

Toroid transformers can be noisy. I heard there was an "upgrade" to help that problem and it's mentioned on the Eden site. I just went to the "upgrade" page and it was down

Comment

Ok, someone told me that it could be the transformer. Thank you for this information. I will try to find the "upgrade" info on the eden site.

Do you know if power conditioning and possibly power isolation transformers could reduce this kind of transformer noise?

THANKS!

Comment

Not likely. If it is a mechanical sound from the 60Hz current flowing through the torus, any loosenesses in it can result in noise/vibration.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Bingo. Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
          X