No announcement yet.

Frontman 212R no output on drive channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, OK, except TOA is a Japanese company.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Well, OK, except TOA is a Japanese company.
      Well their Stateside office in Wa. was very helpful. I guess our American manufacturers have lost their edge.
      Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

I cannot seem to download the pdf schematic:-(( Any ideas why?

Comment

In post #3? I just clicked on it and it opened right up for me.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's strange, I get a dialoge box saying: either Im not logged in (I am), I dont have access privaliges, or my account has been disabled or my account has not been activated.
            I only created the account last night and to date I have not received a "Activation" email only a welcome one...funny though that I can post?

Is there any way to post this attachment to my email address?

Comment

send a note to tboy explaining your difficulty

Comment

email me a bnwitt at hotmail dot com and I will send you the schematic
                Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Frontman 212r

Last night i was playing the guitar with my frontman212R and happens exactly the same when i turn the distortion channel on whether with the footswitch or the bottom on the front of amp the sounds go OFF !!! or sounds strange... ?? does anyone knows how to fix this ?? ?

Comment

Frontman issues

Hi folks

I have had several of these through my workshop.
                    The loss of the channel has turned out to be either dry joints at the resistor (1k2 1watt) next to the main smoothing capacitor. I have yet to find any serious issue in the low level electronics of the amp. I have however found that the main rectifier diodes are less than reliable under load (all measure okay when removed from the board) and the only option is to replace them all. Likewise the down stream zener regulator for the op-amps and low level circuits (+-16 volts or so) seems to fail when the 5 watt resistors have dry joints and disconnect the supply. be aware that this can cause issues in some other parts of the circuitry especially if one supply line goes missing and is left on humming to itself!

After all this time the speakers will be getting old and tired. I replace these with Celestion 12K100 drivers as they are significantly better. I also make two alterations to the cabinet to solve a number of rattles. These are a short back panel made from MDF or similar that doesn't cover all the back area and includes two holes of approximately 3 inches to allow the speakers to breath. The second change is a brace between the new back and the front baffle made from 3x2 timber. Also, the grill cloth slaps back onto the grill frame causing it to buzz, especially if you use a 7 string guitar which goes down to 55hz so packing out the grill fabric with a thin strip of door sealing foam stops this happening.

Hope that helps. Any questions let me know. This is a great amp and so far i haven't found any issues that are too serious to fix!

Comment

Working...
                    X