Dsl 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsl 100

Have a DSL 100 that just quit working. Fuses and tubes are good. Power light comes on, but that's about it. No change from standby on or off. None of the tubes are powered up.

Used it about a week ago and no problem when I shut it down. Now there's nothing.... Any ideas?

sounds like you've lost the heater/filament circuit. I would set a meter to AC voltage and check for 6.3VAC at pins 2 and 7 of the octal power tube sockets and at pins 4 and 9 of the noval preamp tube sockets.
    Attached Files
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Fuses and tubes are good? You mean the ones on the rear panel? Look INSIDE the amp for more fuses. Plpease work with the amp unplugged from the wall, the voltages it runs on in there can KILL YOU.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

All fuses, inside and out are good, as well as tubes.

I did check the pins on pre-amp and power tubes, and nothing.....

Is it something that can be replaced easily, or take it to the shop?

Comment

Until you decide to bail out, then find out where the mains voltage goes. Does it get all the way to the power transformer? A faulty power switch could do this, the fuse holder is soldered to a small circuit board on this one? The solder under that could fail. etc.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ended up taking it to the shop, and it was the heater circuit. Figured it was still under warranty, so I let Marshall pay for it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X