Fender TwinAmp switch between channel on itīs own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voxrules! View Post
    Enzo's and bnwitt comments about Leo tend to depict the image of a terribly greedy man in place of the image of the inquisitive, curious, perfectionist genius I had in my mind....Bob
    Well Bob you read something into my post that is antithesis of my impression of Leo Fender. Not terrible, not greedy. From what I’ve heard, Leo Fender was a dedicated tirelessly hard working entrepreneur who treated his employees well and whose car would be in the company parking lot even on Sunday when they would be driving by on their way to church. Leo was always dedicated to the company task at hand and worked hard up until his last day on earth even after suffering major health set backs. My comment referenced his entrepreneurial spirit and how he would have made lemonade out of the lemons of his namesake company churning out crap.
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

...Enzo's and bnwitt comments about Leo tend to depict the image of a terribly greedy man in place of the image of the inquisitive, curious, perfectionist genius I had in my mind....
      Bob, I don't know what would lead you to feel this way, maybe the difference in native languages.

Leo did seem to be a real penny pincher when he designed things, always trying to find a better and cheaper way to do things. But, these cost savings were usually reflected in the cost past on to the consumer.

And as far as I know, a warantee repair costs Fender money, as they have to pay the service station for the labor and reimburse the replaced parts.

Comment

I never called Leo greedy. I said he was the master of making things good enough. If 20% resistors were good enough, why waste money on 5% resistors? Leo was never in the business of making ultra chic boutique amps.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          I said he was the master of making things good enough.
          Here here! Just like on the Apollo program. It wasn't just good enough, but quite an accomplishment considering the odds. Need I remind everyone that CBS wasn't able to achieve good enough? And the space shuttle program has certainly missed some marks. Sometimes good enough is stellar and head and shoulders above the competition. IMHO, using 20% instead of 5% when using 5% brings no measurable return and spending the left over money only on things that do return value is the genious of a purely analytical mind. Just the facts Jack.
          Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            Leo did seem to be a real penny pincher when he designed things, always trying to find a better and cheaper way to do things. But, these cost savings were usually reflected in the cost past on to the consumer.
            Thanks Bill, your statement made Leo's attitude clearer to me.....and apologies to bnwitt and Enzo ( and Leo ) for my misunderstanding....probably due to my (still) poor English.....I'm probably not learning as fast as I would.

( BTW I think part of my bad understanding is due to my design attitude, as an automation engineer for me "good enough" is just not good enough.... ).

Thanks and best regards
            Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

BTW I think part of my bad understanding is due to my design attitude, as an automation engineer for me "good enough" is just not good enough.... ).

Well you have to remember Leo's good enough was coupled with pioneering during the time. His equipment was what everyone else copied.

Comment

Working...
              X