Marshall Valvestate 8280 Distorting on lows and slugish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Valvestate 8280 Distorting on lows and slugish

I'm having two issues with my Marshall 8280 Bi-Chorus combo amp. One is on the clean channel the low notes are distorting. I've narrowed it down to definitely the amp, the speakers are good, tried different guitars, different cables, messed with gain and eq nothing gets rid of it.

My other problem (may be related, maybe not) when I have the distortion on an volume half way or higher it seems to have a slow response, like i hit the chorus and it hesitates before coming out of the amp.

Though now I'm using pedals for both chorus and distortion so those are not important to me anymore, pedals are used on the input, not on the effects loop, so all i need now is the clean channel to be clean. I haven't opened her up yet since I want to know where to start looking.

Any ideas?

Alright, so I've opened it up and everything looks fine, no corrosion everything is very clean. the ECC83 tube LOOKS ok. No loose connections, I did re-seat everything that could be disconnected and reconnected though just in case.

Comment

Working...
    X