Marshall 30dfx very little sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 30dfx very little sound

Hi guys just wondering if you could help me i was messing about with my amp and it said in the official marshall user guide this: HELPFUL HINT: for ‘silent’ recording merely
    plug an unconnected jack plug into the
    headphone socket and you’ll disconnect the
    MG30DFX’s internal speaker so i did this like an idiot and sure anought the sound went out but when i took the jack plug back out there still was no sound and now i can only hear i very very faint sound coming from the amp when the distortion is on and the amp is turned up to full. This is the first time this has happened could anyone please help

Remove the bolts to release the chasis slide it forward to reveal the headphone socket. Turn the amp on with a cd or something to input a signal.
    push down on the contacts on the headphone socket, does the amp sound now?

Comment

Hi iv done what you said and it does start to work where do i go from there thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyTheGuitarist View Post
        Hi iv done what you said and it does start to work where do i go from there thanks.
        Hi, glad that you got it working! If you instert a jack into the socket you will see the contacts lift and break the contact to the speaker. that is basicly whats happening the contacts are either dirty or they need re-tensioning so that they make good contact. I use a double folded piece of 1200 wet and dry paper to clean them. with the jack inseted push the paper in between
        the contacts then remove the plug and move the paper back and forth. if they need re tensioning then give them a gentle tweak downwards again with the jack inserted.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X