Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapping Ampeg B-15S

I'm about to order parts for this, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Where can I get clamps that mount the caps on the side, horizontally, like the original ones in the amp?

2. The schematic shows 2 80uf/450V caps in series each with parallel resistors splitting the B+ voltage, which is typical in those amps. The amp currently has 2 100uf/450V caps in series with the accompanying resistors, but has a 40uf/450V cap going from the bottom of the 100uf cap string to ground. It's not in the schematic and seems a little strange. Any reason why they did that? I think I'm going to leave that 40uf cap off of that string.

Do you mean cap clamps like this:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/Pro...6021&DESC=TH25

Not sure what you mean with the 40uF cap. The rev C schematic shows a 40uF 450V in series with a 40uF 500V that is in a three way can cap and there are no equalizing resistors. Kind of strange for Ampeg to do it that way. I'd be tempted to add the resistors.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Wow, thanks for the cap clamp link! I had not seen those before.

No, it's not the 40uf on top of the 40uf in the can cap. I'm talking about the first set of filter caps after the PT. The ones that hook up to the standby switch.

Comment

Working...
      X