JCM 2000 DSL 100 Bias problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 2000 DSL 100 Bias problem

Well, I just had another DSL 100 come through the shop with the same old problems. C46 shorted and one of two bias pots had cracked solder joints. These two items are so repetitive that they should be worthy of a factory service bulletin.
    Attached Files
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

im having a small nightmare with my bias on the dsl 100, replaced bias resistors and the thing is going through the roof with way too much voltage im stuck out on an island literally kauai, with no help. any ideas on the the next step i should take, its a 2007 and cant get a scematic. thanks

Comment

Pull the power tubes and then check the bias voltage. Is it still too high?

Comment

yeah its still too high.

Comment

Let's not get spread all over the place, let's discuss your amp in your amp's own thread nearby.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The problem won't be bias voltage too high- it will be too LOW.

Comment

Originally posted by kalaheo View Post
              ...its a 2007 and cant get a scematic. thanks
              check here:
              Marshall Amps Info & Schematics
              all the schematics for the dsl100 are listed

Comment

Working...
              X