Fuse blow out on Valveking 112 and Amp Won't turn on again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse blow out on Valveking 112 and Amp Won't turn on again

I'm an owner of a Valveking 112 and after maybe 6 months of use (In home and two or three times practice with my band), one day, while I've been playing in a low volume environment the amp makes a noise like a bad tuned radio station, the fuse blow's out and a bad smell came out from the amp. I tried to turn the amp on and nothing happen.
    I change the main fuse and the story repeat again. I check the speaker connection (I changed the original for a Celestion Vintage 30).
    I opened the amp, and check everything, so near of the power valve socket was a little
    part of a "Electronic Route" totally burned. I taked pictures.
    I changed the fuse, test the amp without valves, but the damage get worst.
    I replaced the tubes and same thing happen.
    As I saw before I'm, posting photos Showing the board damage...
    In my town don't exist any technical service that repair valve amps.
    If I change the power tubes could I solve the problem?
    Where can I rebias the valveking (I have Groove Tubes 6l6gc)?
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

That carbon gunk needs cleaned off, and those traces need repaired. Also, you need to see if you have a shorted component in there, because something got hot and caused that. What's on the other side of the board where the burn is?

Comment

I think he had an arc there. That isn't heat from the far side. And there isn't anything over there anyway, just a bare jumper wire. One of the flyback diodes is next to that area and merits a check, but that all looks like arc damage to me.

There is a very good trace art image in the parts layout in the schematic.
      Attached Files
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X