Marshall MG100HDFX head broken input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG100HDFX head broken input jack

Hi all, so i recently bought a used/broken Marshall MG100HDFX head from a friend. I guess while a cord was plugged in, he tripped on it causing thing whole jack to break. so i've opened it up and see the guitar input jack i need to replace but i cant figure out the part number so i can order it? Looking at the schematic i only see "JS1" but i can't seem to find the part online. Can someone help me with a part number?

On a side note, i'm sure this is a long shot hah but would it be possible to just move the jack from the "cd in" to the guitar input spot? they seem to be the same exact piece but im not sure if having the empty spot where the "cd in" used to be would short out the board. sorry if that was a dumb question haha anyway thanks in advanced!

go to www.tubesandmore.com and look for "cliff" jacks...what you want will be in there...
    I wouldn't recommend moving the CD jack as it's probably a stereo jack and the input is a mono jack. Also, the CD jack might be grounding the CD inputs when no plug is inserted...if you remove that jack to install into the input jack then it may hum...best to just get the correct jack and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
      go to www.tubesandmore.com and look for "cliff" jacks...what you want will be in there...
      I wouldn't recommend moving the CD jack as it's probably a stereo jack and the input is a mono jack. Also, the CD jack might be grounding the CD inputs when no plug is inserted...if you remove that jack to install into the input jack then it may hum...best to just get the correct jack and be done with it.
      I don't think that that amp has traditional Cliff style jacks, but the "tubes and more" site will probably have the correct Marshall/Korg jacks.

Comment

thank you for the link and for your help, but i still can't seem to find the right piece. my jack seems to have 6 solder lugs(?) 3 on each side and is cube shaped. the only jacks i see with 6 legs are stereo jacks and look nothing like mine. its hard to explain so im going to try to attach a picture if it would help at all. if u can help me any further thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

this is the closest i've found to my jack is this : http://www.darrenriley.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1233

looks exactly like mine (i removed the plastic cover in the picture) and says for the marshall mg series. but also says its a "stereo" jack, which guessing by what u said, i need a "mono" jack

Comment

Originally posted by xbroken657x View Post
            this is the closest i've found to my jack is this : http://www.darrenriley.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1233

looks exactly like mine (i removed the plastic cover in the picture) and says for the marshall mg series. but also says its a "stereo" jack, which guessing by what u said, i need a "mono" jack
            No, that's the exact jack that you need. Your original one is stereo, but it is used in a mono hookup.

Comment

sweet! thanks a lot for the help

Comment

Did it work????

Mr Broken Marshall,
                Did that jack fix it? My friend just stepped on my cord and broke mine, and I need to do surgery.

Thanks!
                -Kenny

Comment

is there a way to fix it without buying a new one? (i live in Venezuela and we donīt have the liberty to buy stuff in dollars =/ ...yeah we suck...) and i wanted to know HOW is possible to break that piece....i "broke" mine by passing by and hitting the Jack from the Cable...but that piece is not only 3 metal parts sold to the circuit board?

Comment

Tambien soy de Venezuela

Originally posted by victorinox126 View Post
                    is there a way to fix it without buying a new one? (i live in Venezuela and we donīt have the liberty to buy stuff in dollars =/ ...yeah we suck...) and i wanted to know HOW is possible to break that piece....i "broke" mine by passing by and hitting the Jack from the Cable...but that piece is not only 3 metal parts sold to the circuit board?
                    Tengo el mismo problema desde hace tiempo man, y solo me quedo colocar un jack generico, tu pudiste repararlo? estoy considerando comprar el jack afuera con cadivi y traerlo porq aqui no lo hay. Tienes fotos del jack?

I'm from Venezuela too, and I replaced the jack with a generic jack, but I'm thinking to buy this one Fender Input Jack Rumble - stereo 0062765000, it has 9 pins too.

Comment

Working...
                    X