Bugera 333Xl 212 Huge Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 333Xl 212 Huge Problem

Well this morning I was playing through my Bugera 333xl combo and after about 20 minutes of play, I heard a loud crack coming from my amp so I immediatley looked over and watched it turn off. I tried plugging it into other outlets but that didnt do anything. This is my first tube amp so I don't really know all the tricks with these types of amps and I've had this amp for 6 months and have had no problems with it. I thought maybe the fuse blew or the powertubes are shot, but hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.

I can almost guarantee the fuse blew. Fuses are either on the rear panel or inside or both - I forget on that model.

Make sure to always work with the power removed adn the amp sitting at least 15 minutes. The voltages the amp runs on can KILL YOU.

Fuses blow for a reason most times, and the most common reason is a failed power tube.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have heard of lots of blown caps in early Buggies, but defer to Enzo on troubleshooting as he is a pro.

Comment

Don't defer to me, a bad cap can be the cause too.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X