Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshal VS100 transformer problem? (audio sample included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshal VS100 transformer problem? (audio sample included)

Hello!

After more than one year of not being turned ON, I'm starting to use my VS100 again, but I noticed that when I turn it on, I can hear a lot of noise in the speaker. After some minutes of use, the noise just disappears.

I opened it, and I can hear a noise coming from the transformer, like if something is frying inside it. You can hear it yourself here (louder sound in the second half is from the speaker): RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

So, any ideas about how to fix it? Will I need to replace the entire transformer or is there a way to repair it? BTW, I live in Brazil, and probably it is not so simple to get original Marshall parts here, so if there is a way to fix it by myself, it would be great.

PS: I have basic knowledge of eletronic and all the necessary stuff to weld, etc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by warmbooter; 05-17-2009, 04:38 PM.

It sounds like something is arcing. Turn out the lights and see if you can see any arcing coming out of the Transformer , Tube sockets, or any other component. What is your B+ voltage reading?
    Helping musicians optimize their sound.

Comment

It ended up being a problem in the power switch. The noise was really coming from the transformer, but the cause was a problematic power switch.

Comment

Working...
      X