Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR 680c Volume cuts&Jumps

Hello all,

I have a Peavey XR 680c. After this unit has been on for 5 - 10 hours, the volume becomes "shock sensitive" meaning if I bump or knock the panel by the master volume the unit it will jump up really loud or maybe go quiet.

I know what your all thinking... Solder problems... I have checked everywhere on the control broad and don't see anything obvious.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or maybe has seen something like this before on one of these units....?

Actually I am not thinking solder, I was thinking patch jacks. Plug a patch cord from MAIN OUT to POWER AMP IN and see if that makes the sound come back. If so, the ppower amp jack needs service to its cutout contacts - or a new jack.

Likewise try main out to graphic in. Or any other places where the patch jacks offer an opportunity for the signal path to be interrupted.

If it is not the jacks, the consider the master control itself could be faulty.

But the thing to do is:

isolate the problem.

When this happens, try inputting a signal direct to the powr amps - does that stay diminished or is it strong. Also send the main out, graphic out, and any other output jacks you see to the input of some other amp - does it come out strong there or is it still funky? We want to find the portion of the amp that has the issue.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X