Peavey Express 112 Sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Express 112 Sheffield

Hey, ive had this amp for a good 10 years now. The distortion stopped working when i switched back to clean. The clean works fine, but when i try to switch back to distortion it doesnt work. Sounds just like clean. I tried to see if anything looked out of the ordinary but every thing looked ok. If anyone knows what is wrong i would surely like that.

thanks

Check the relays for getting power. Can you hear them clicking when you switch channels? DO the control functions change? In other words, when you switch to the dirt channel and it sounds like the clean channel, is it still all the dirt channel controls that affect the sound? Pre, post, EQ? Or do some of the clean controls still work?

Does the dirt channel sound not only clean but also kinda thin and weak? or is it strong like the real clean channel?

Is this the Transtube version or the 1991 version?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes it is a transtube. Yeah the relays get power when switching from dirty to clean and vise versa, and i can change the controls when its on dirty. And yes when its dirty it sounds weak.

Comment

SOunds to me like you have a break in the signal path, an op amp not working, an open resistor, a broken or unsoldered control. And what you are hearing is crosstalk between sections of the amp.

This is solved by appying a signal; to the input and tracing it through the stages until we find where it disappears.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X