Marshall MG50DFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Guys Rock

2n7000's just came popped one in, fired it up and all is good. My son will be shocked when he gets home. My local shop wanted $100.00 up front to diagnose it and $75.00 an hour to repair plus parts. Thank You

Comment

I would hope the repair would come out of the $100.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Man,
        I collect $35 or $50 depending on what type of unit it is up front to pay for the diagnosis ONLY if the item is of little value or if I sense they won't pick it up if they refuse the estimate.

I also let the cust know when it really would be cheaper to just replace the item than repair it, as with some of the single pedal Boss effects...shoot, they sell new for like $80.

Normally, I don't collect anything up front. After all if the item has some resale value, I have the amp to hold as leverage or to eventually sell if they never respond to my certified letters. Fortunately in that past 4yrs I've been in business, I have only had to do that 2 times.

I would never give someone $100 up front for any repair...that really just gives me some insight to the state of the shops reserve $$ & they're ability to plan their biz well.

I've gottat think that guy would credit the $100 to the repair. He'd be out of business if he did otherwise. g

Comment

To top it all off the first amp we had problems with I took to a shop Marshall recommended 45 miles away. The amp was six months old and they charged me a 45.00 fee for their service man to pick the amp up for repairs. It lasted a week, then I called Marshall (Korg) and got the run around until I came uncorked then they decided to replace the amp. I would never say we wouldn't buy another Marshall but we will think twice. My hat is off to this forum and you members for assisting me in the repair of it.

Comment

MOSFET Sensativity to static

This channel switching problem is becoming increasingly common on Marshall amps. Seems this MOSFET is exposed to high voltage static from the input and foot switch cables. Whenever these cables are left in the amp on rugs or during thunderstorms, your exposed to likely problems. I had two of these amps in the studio go out after a lightning storm. Be sure to unplug all your cable from your amps after use. Most of you know that MOSFETs are notorious for high voltage static problems and need extra care when designing circuitry and manufacturing.

Comment

Working...
            X