Verb tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verb tanks

Any idea if the reverb tank from a Fender Hot Rod or Blues Deville can be used in place of the tank from a Blues Junior? The only differnece I notice looking through all of the pics of these 2 tanks is that the Deville tank is a lot longer but seems to have the exact same layout? ANy ideas on this? The reason Im curious is that the larger tank is about $10 less (go figure O_o)

Thanks!

Well the way to check is to get the Fender Part number
    then get the Accutronics part number (they make them)
    and from the Accutronics number you can work out the specifications.
    Assuming I got these numbers right the main difference is the input impedance
    and the fact the Deville input is not grounded.
    It would be easy to ground the input but the impedance difference may
    affect the depth or quality of the sound.
    See if you can borrow one from a buddy and try it !
    I guess the Deville one is cheaper as they make more of them.

Accutronics Reverb by Sound Enhancement Products, Inc.

Blues Jnr Reverb Tank
    Fender Part No 028055
    Accutronics Part No 8BB2A1B
    8 = Type 8
    B = Input impedance 190 ohm
    B = 0utput impedance 2575 ohm
    2 = Decay time medium (1.75 to 3 seconds)
    A = Connectors Input and output grounded
    1 = Mechanical locking device not available
    B = Mounting plane Horizontal open side down

Deville Rev.
    Fender Part No 050394
    Accutronics Part No 4EB3C1B
    4 = Type 4
    E = Input impedance 600 ohm
    B = Output impedance 2250 ohm
    3 = Decay time Long (2.75 to 4 secs )
    C = Connectors Input insulated/output grounded
    1 = Mechanical locking device not available
    B = Mounting plane Horizontal open side down

Comment

I don;t know where you looked, but Antique Electronic Supply is selling the short pans for $20.66 each, the long pans for $22.46 (2-spring) and $23.36 (3-spring)

They sell the 8BB2A1B, and the 4BB2A1B. Short and long versions respectively.

Wil the long pan even fit in the Blues Junior?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I don;t know where you looked, but Antique Electronic Supply is selling the short pans for $20.66 each, the long pans for $22.46 (2-spring) and $23.36 (3-spring)

They sell the 8BB2A1B, and the 4BB2A1B. Short and long versions respectively.

Wil the long pan even fit in the Blues Junior?
        I had gone out to Angela which was where I was getting my pots and knobs for the Deluxe I was rebuilding. Glad to hear there is an even cehaper place to shop! Thanks! The pan is going to go into the Deluxe 85 but it uses teh same part as the deville thats why I had listed it. I plan on pretty much taking the 85 apart and rebuilding the box so that it will work as a head/cab combo instead of an all on one. So I would be rebuilding the box for the 85 and would add room where needed. Thanks for that site! That beats the hell out of $42

Comment

It will WORK, but will it fit?

The pans have the same specs, but they are different sizes. The 4-series is the long pan, the 8-series is the shorty. The key specs, which are the input and output impedance, represented by "BB", ensure electrical compatibility. Both of these pans are spec'ed for solid-state drive by way of their relatively high input impedance.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
            It will WORK, but will it fit?

The pans have the same specs, but they are different sizes. The 4-series is the long pan, the 8-series is the shorty. The key specs, which are the input and output impedance, represented by "BB", ensure electrical compatibility. Both of these pans are spec'ed for solid-state drive by way of their relatively high input impedance.
            Thanks for all the input guys . As for fit it should, since I plan on pulling everything out of the amp and making it into seperate head/cab and will be building a completely new box. Wow I had completely forgotten about the antique electronics store! I may go on a spending spree!
            Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X