Marshall AVT150 Blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT150 Blowing fuse

AVTt 150H Was blowing fuse. I disconnected all connectors to output boards and fuse is no longer blowing. Headphone output is straight noise similar to pulse wave unaffected by volume and other controls. Power switch lighting but other switches not lighting. L101 seems to be getting hot quickly.

CN102, 103 have 22.5, -24.2 and 68.8 volts.
    Fans have 22.1 v.

Comment

Those don't make sense. What are you using for a ground reference for your meter?

The three-pin connectors should have +VE and -VE and output. WHen unplugged from the modules, the output pin should have zero on it, since it is no longer connected to anything but the speaker jack. Are you taking these readings with BOTH powr modules disconnected?

Where is that 68v coming from?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

From what I can see. 68 V is coming from R181. Didn't make sense to me that R181 has 24v on one end and 68 v on the other but what do I know. I am a novice who really want to understand this stuff.

Comment

Suddenly wondering if Transformer wires have incorrectly replaced. What are positions?

Comment

Look at the schematic.

The low voltage secondary wires go to commection points W106, W107, with the center tap to W105. The high voltage secondary wires go to points W103,W104, and center tap to W102.

DOn;t ask me were those are on the board, I have no idea. The designations should be silk screened on the board.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry for misinformation. Had incorrect ground. Moving around board looking for clues. Instead of plus 15v and minus 15 v, I am getting plus15 and minus12 at CNB2. I disconnected CNB2 in case of excessive load. Still the same. Also no power to any of IC on back PCB.

Comment

Working...
              X