Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with my Peavey Classic 30...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Kate, did you finally repair your Classic?
    Tubeswell, I sent you a PM

I have some broke jump leads problems, I fixed 3 of them a few weeks ago, and this friday during a gig one roaddie handle my amp with absoluty no care after the show and broke one of the solded jump leads i'd repaired a weeks ago.
    My problem is that after made a few blueguitar.org mods (tone caps, etc...) the OD channel stop working, but I used the clean channel always, so I have been playing for two years ok, but a few weeks ago I wanted to repair the OD channel, I opened the amp again and revised the mods, all it seems Ok, but putting the board broke some jump leads, I repaired it and closed all again but the OD channel isn't still working so I suppose are any broken jump lead yet, so I will open the amp this week again, it's very frustrating the borken jump leads

Comment

Hi there planetasur and welcome to the forum

There's not much I can add, except pull the thing apart and go over it with a fine tooth comb and be careful putting it back together. In particular, the ribbon cable jumper to the extn and footswitch speaker jacks is a real PITA. If the wires get frayed and break - as they do with repeated dismantling - it cuts off the internal speaker as well (because the internal speaker is wired through that little sub-board ribbon cable - talk about a whacky design). Good luck
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

thank you man, I'll have to open it at least one more time , so I hope get lucky...

Comment

Working...
        X