hartke LH1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Enzo
    for all the help. If I do decide to continue with this repair I'll get the the 7317 from hartke and replace the 2 related caps you pointed out 317/8.

Most of my repairs have been on old tube amps.
    I'm a bit weary of doing work on this amp without a desoldering station of some sort. Do you, in your work, use one and if so what brand?

again thanks to you and to the others who have helped me trace through the problem with this amp, I learned a lot!

Regards
    pete

Comment

I keep thinking I should invest in a nice hot air station, but I can;t justify the expense. I have so far been able to do all my sm stuff by hand. Tiny parts can usually be picked off with a solder iron and an Xacto knife point. I find for removing ICs with multipins that "Chip-Quick" works pretty well. I buy it from MCM myself.

Chip Quik: Easy removal of surface mounted devices

My conventional desolder station is a PAce, I am happy with it. A lot of guys seem to like their Hakkos, though I never tried one.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

sorry to beat the thread to death, but last week I received the TA7317 from hartke($3.75/p), get a call from the gal who owns says she needs the amp by the 28th. So, me, not feeling so confident about doing thisrepair I tell her it looks like hartke sent me a part that doesn't look at all like the part in the amp(please,if you like, referto pic) and after taking out the board that mounted to the fan box vent there are, to my surprise, a whole set of Q313-7 or so power transistors on the under side. So that means there are a total of 16 power transistors 2SA1837 and they're SNP counter or compliment. One of them on the bottom part of the box had apparently sparked because there's little chard smoke spot on the chassis. This I would think means that the transistor was zapped and no good. I checked for signal on all of the bottom ones and there is a signal.
        Anyway I don't know if this is the right part or not, what's in there looks like a mini PCB with SMT parts(please look at picture), this could very well be the exact circuit that is inside the IC they sent me. That's what the TA7317 looks like on the web.
        I now even have a way of desoldering , ,, one of the guys on the tekscope forum recommended this

Soldering and desoldering tools

I wish she would just take this amp away.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X