Reverb tank for Kustom 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb tank for Kustom 50

Anyone out there know what the correct specs are [or where I might find them] on a reverb spring tray for a Kustom 50 combo? The schematics I've tracked down for these don't say much........anyone?
    Mac/Amps
    "preserving the classics"
    Chicago, Il., USA
    (773) 283-1217
    (cell) (847) 772-2979
    Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
    www.mac4amps.com

If this is a tuck and roll combo with the reverb tank mounted inside the head, 4FB2A1A .

If the tank is mounted in the speaker cab, then the mount position code will be different.

Comment

FWIW, I ordered a 4FB2C1A (same as 4FB2A1A except for slightly different grounding), but unfortunately it wouldn't work with this model Kustom. Out of desperation, I tried it with a couple of older spring trays I had lying around (yah, I know, why didn't I try that before?), and it ended up working with a tray that had come out of an old Vox with a lower input impedance (around 150 Ohms, or a D.C. resistance of about 25 Ohms, as opposed to 1500 Ohms/ 200 Ohms D.C.).........oh well.Thanks though.
      Mac/Amps
      "preserving the classics"
      Chicago, Il., USA
      (773) 283-1217
      (cell) (847) 772-2979
      Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
      www.mac4amps.com

Comment

Originally posted by mac1amps View Post
        FWIW, I ordered a 4FB2C1A (same as 4FB2A1A except for slightly different grounding), but unfortunately it wouldn't work with this model Kustom. Out of desperation, I tried it with a couple of older spring trays I had lying around (yah, I know, why didn't I try that before?), and it ended up working with a tray that had come out of an old Vox with a lower input impedance (around 150 Ohms, or a D.C. resistance of about 25 Ohms, as opposed to 1500 Ohms/ 200 Ohms D.C.).........oh well.Thanks though.
        Did you ground the input on the new tank? Kustom, like Vox used a drive cable that had no ground connection to avoid a ground loop.

Comment

Working...
        X