Bugera Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera Problem

My bugera 333 xl is died on me the other day but not in the way everyone elses does

1.The Power and standby lights dont turn on
    2.The tubes Do glow when the power is switched on
    3.When i turn it off standby it blows the fuse

Any ides?

Seems like on of your tubes causes a short on the HV. Remove all tubes,inspect them carefully for any signs of arcing, get a new fuse and power on => if fuse blows there is a issue in your HV supply, get it to a tech=> if not power off, insert first tube, power on, turn standby off => fuse stays in, good => repeat procedure until fuse blows then you have found the bad tube, if not, congrats you found the bad tube on the first attempt...

cu
    bluesfreak
    Last edited by bluesfreak; 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM.
    I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

Thanks man. I forgot to mention there is a hum before it blows the fuse. Also by arcing do you mean like lightning? Lol

Comment

Yeah, something similar. HV arcing in a socket or within the tube usually leaves visible, charred traces...
        I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

There is a wire connected on those amps that looks just like an HD IDE cable

the wire is too thin to carry the right amount of current that ends up overheating and literally burning itself.. It's often a common failure on these amps..

let it discharge for about a day. then open that amp upī. Before that take out the power tubes and label them so u put back in the same order.

Then measure with ur DMM DC voltage on pin 3 of each power tube socket. That will tell u if there is any voltage left on the filter capacitors. double check it. It's safe under 20 volts or less . You can also hit the standby switch , this connects a pair of capacitor to the rest of the circuit and lets them to discharge a bit faster.

If u can take picture of the inside of that amp would be helpful i bet that is the same problem that every bugera has..

Good Luck!
          Hearing Is Believing

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_ranaldo View Post
            There is a wire connected on those amps that looks just like an HD IDE cable

the wire is too thin to carry the right amount of current that ends up overheating and literally burning itself.. It's often a common failure on these amps..

let it discharge for about a day. then open that amp upī. Before that take out the power tubes and label them so u put back in the same order.

Then measure with ur DMM DC voltage on pin 3 of each power tube socket. That will tell u if there is any voltage left on the filter capacitors. double check it. It's safe under 20 volts or less . You can also hit the standby switch , this connects a pair of capacitor to the rest of the circuit and lets them to discharge a bit faster.

If u can take picture of the inside of that amp would be helpful i bet that is the same problem that every bugera has..

Good Luck!
            You can discharge the amp by using a lead with alligator clips and hook a resistor to one end. The other end clip to the chassis. Probe each socket with the resistor lead on each pin. Check each pin with a multimeter the same way (pin to chassis) until there is no voltage.
            sigpicCharlieP
            (2)Peavey VK 112 2008
            Fender SuperSonic 60W 112 2010, 5E3 Build Mojotone
            Met. Red LP Gibson Robot 2008 Tronical Tuners
            Faded Cherry LP Gibson 2007
            Fender Strat HSS LSR S1 2008 Pearl
            Fend FSR Telebot Dlx Candy App 2011 Tronical Tuners
            Gretsch G5120 2007 Black

Comment

Working...
            X