Crate G40C will not switch channels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate G40C will not switch channels!

I have a Crate G40C amp that will not switch channels, what would 'cause this? I'm pretty good with electronics, but I really don't have the time to set down and figure it out!

Hi Just a quick question is it the footswitch that is not working or the front switch,if its the front switch try using the footswitch if you have it,its possible that one or both of the switchs are defective stuck in one position.

Let me know God bless Doug

Comment

Its also possible the switching jack that you plug the footswitch into has broken solder connections.

If you haven't done this yet, and you can solder, you might want to resolder all the questionable solder connections in the amp.

Comment

There's a low voltage power supply used to power relays , my guess is one of the dropping resistors or zener diodes is bad or just needs resoldering.
        Last edited by drewl; 11-16-2009, 10:45 PM.

Comment

First thing to look for is a bent or dirty cutout contact on the footswitch jack, and the solder to that jack. Also, check the switch itself for proper function.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I don't...

I don't have a foot swith attached to it, I was just using it for a practice amp. One day i flipped it on and started playing in clean tone and went to switch the channel on the amp its self and it wouldn't switch, but i can hit the top of it and sometimes the distortion channel will kick in! I'm guessing that would be loose solder connections, rite?

Comment

Maybe, but clean the jack first. Thats more likely. The contact point where the jack leaves sit when there's no plug inserted is what you need to de oxidise. The FS jack overrides the front panel switch, so if thats not working as it should the panel switch won't do anything.
              The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
              X