marshall mg100 hdfx mute circuit ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall mg100 hdfx mute circuit ??

I need some help. I had the IC chip blow so I bought a new chip and installed it; nothing happened. I figured that I messed it up so I bought the lil circuit board and installed it; still no sound. I noticed that on the main board the lights were lighting up when I was playing. I put on headphones, and I could hear myself playing. Thats where I am at now. What do I do now?

Try the send or preamp out if you have one to another amp. Any sound ? Try the return in from another preamp source. Any sound ? Why did you think it was the mute circuit at first ?
    KB

Comment

Standby voltage

Check pin #9 of the output IC. TDA 7293 if i am not mistaken.
      This is the standby pin. It has a slow ramp up at Power On. Pin #4 is standby ground.
      The components are over on the right. Nowhere near the IC.
      The headphone out is a separate circuit.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Amp Kat View Post
        Try the send or preamp out if you have one to another amp. Any sound ? Try the return in from another preamp source. Any sound ? Why did you think it was the mute circuit at first ?
        i thought that it was that because of other forums that I have read. This is my first troubleshooting experience with a guitar amp. I will check that out thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
        X